Media writers

...

Legal Acts

Legal Acts:  Amendements to the Laws on Traffic; on Social Insurance; on Health Insurance; on Environmental Protection; on Labor Code; on Customs Code; on Urban Planning and Construction Code Authority: Milli Majlis Enactment Date: 22 May 2020 Effective date: 1 April 2020   According to the amendments, a certain part of the funds received by relevant institutions must be transferred to the state budget (previously these funds were distributed only among those institutions).   Some of them are as follows:   93% of funds received from penalties for violation of traffic rules, escort of vehicles and other additional paid services are transferred to the account of the Baku Transport Agency while remaining 7% to the state budget   43% of financial sanctions for violating the requirements of ...

Tax News

The Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan on Amendments to the Tax Code in connection with the introduction of a temporary tax regime due to significant changes in economic conditions as a result of the spread of the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) was approved by the Milli Majlis, on June 2, 2020. We present the summary of these changes. - The temporary tax regime applies to persons engaged in the following activities: tour operator and travel agency. catering activities. domestic (intercity and inter-district, intra-city and intra-district) passenger transportation by road (including taxis); the activity of hotel and other hotel-type facilities; transportation and (or) delivery of goods on orders, including meals, food, and non-food products from sellers to buyers; organization of exhibitio...

How EKVITA is Responding to the Coronavirus Outbreak

EKVITA's adherence to health and safety precautions during COVID-19 outbreak starts at the very entrance. All employees entering office premises are subject to distant fever measurement by HSE officer. Reception desk is equipped with hand sanitizers, disposable face masks and sanitary gloves for staff's perusal. Use of masks is mandatory! Social distance is being observed in the common areas. Minimum distance of 2 meters is practiced for employee seating. "One person at a time" rule is applied for use of kitchen until the end of quarantine period. Guidance notes in Azerbaijani and English are displayed in visible areas for staff and visitors (if any). Needless to say, client and staff meetings, gatherings of employees within the office area is limited....